College of DuPage seeks a full-time, tenure track faculty member to teach Baking and Pastry courses starting in August 2021.
The College of DuPage is a comprehensive community college located 27 miles west of downtown Chicago, vitally connected to our local area for over 50 years. We prepare students for a lifelong passion for learning on our 273-acre campus which is home to nine associate degrees and a wide variety of professional and technical certificates. Many of these credentials prepare students to seamlessly articulate into the baccalaureate programs of our higher education partner institutions.
College of DuPage is committed to student success and values an inclusive and welcoming community environment. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workforce. Our connection to the larger metropolitan area is essential to our success and provides a wealth of diverse cultural and recreational opportunities.
The position's primary focus will be Baking and Pastry courses and curriculum. Priority will be given to candidates that exhibit mastery baking and pastry skill sets with versatility in areas that may include culinary, sanitation, purchasing and Culinary Measurements.
Faculty duties include classroom instruction, assessment, curriculum development, advising students, professional inquiry, committee work and engaging with instructional technology.
Teaching assignments may include various delivery modes, such as face-to-face, on-line, hybrid and/or blended formats during days, evenings and weekends.
Competitive starting salaries are dependent on education and experience. College of DuPage also offers a generous benefits plan.
To apply please submit your electronic application, unofficial transcripts, current curriculum vita, a cover letter including a list of three references, and a Teaching Statement. Applications accepted until 11:59 p.m. CST, February 15th, 2021.
The Teaching Statement must include the candidate's anticipated contributions to College of DuPage related to academic quality and student success and meet a 2-page limit.
A teaching demonstration will be required at interview.
This position requires a pre-employment background and drug screen.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
Apply Here : https://www.click2apply.net/nV7YVmS2Me1wCNM8t4g8g
University of Illinois System
The University System Office seeks a Business Administrative Associate to joining the Discovery Partners Institute (DPI) team. The Business Administrative Associate will be responsible for managing DPI's several important business office functions and will provide broad support across the DPI's evolving administrative functions and needs. Working closely with the Director of Administration and System Office finance and HR staff, the Business Administrative Associate prepares and maintains project budget documents, reviews and analyzes reports on expenditures, supports HR processes, and reviews monthly reconciliation of accounts. Ensures that all business activities are processed in a timely manner.
Additional responsibilities include:
1. Prepare and track project budgets, including sponsored programs, and communicate updates with appropriate staff.
2. Develop and monitor budgets for sponsored program proposals, monitor accounting, and ensuring compliance with agency guidelines and general accounting principles.
3. Assist with submission of sponsored program proposals.
4. Manage procurement for the Discovery Partners Institute. Oversee, track and manage vendors, invoicing, and burn rates.
5. Coordinate and monitor transactions such as budget transfers, journal vouchers, etc., to accurately update budget and financial records.
6. Support HR processes such as searches, appointment, labor distributions, and sponsored project staffing.
7. Review, code, and approve transactions in various systems such as TEM, IBuy, Banner, and P-Card. Maintain proper differentiation of roles and internal controls.
8. Maintain DPI's financial records and review monthly expenditures including payroll.
9. Prepare and analyze reports regarding project expenditures. Develop ad hoc reports as needed.
10. Manage invoicing and accounting for accounts receivable.
11. Manage purchasing and vendor contracts. Assist with contract negotiations.
12. Act as a resource for DPI staff in understanding and complying with university policies, procedures and practices.
13. Provide onboarding support for new staff including space and equipment, telecom, IT and user accounts.
14. Assist in space planning, remodeling and renovation of facilities.
15. Provide back up support for inventory, scheduling, event and space planning, and facility management.
16. Serve as back up liaison to UI System HR.
17. Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
1. Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or a field related to the position
2. Two years of professional level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, one year of which was at an administrative level
3. Demonstrated experience in Higher Education performing business management, accounting and/or sponsored programs administration.
· High level of proficiency in University of Illinois systems such as Banner, Eddie, MyUIFinancials,
· Accounting experience.
· Federal grant budgeting experience.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to develop strong working relationships with key internal and external constituents.
· Initiative and the ability to work independently.
· Supervisory and administrative abilities.
· Ability to work effectively with the staff and public.
To Apply: For fullest consideration, please complete an online application by clicking the Apply for Position button below.
Please upload all valid certifications and transcripts within the document section of your online application.
All civil service positions require an exam. The exam for this position is a Credentials Assessment. You will not be required to report in person for this exam.
Credential Assessment Exam Scoring Information:
You will not be required to report in person for this exam. The updated online application and all uploaded, relevant documents, such as a resume and/or college transcript will be used in the calculation of the exam score. These documents should be uploaded prior to the position close date.
When completing your online application, please be sure to provide detailed information about your job knowledge and specific duties and responsibilities, as your qualifications for any Civil Service position will be primarily determined based on what is contained in the application. Dates of employment and if employed on a full or part time basis (including number of hours per week) must be indicated for each position held. Additional consideration will be given to supporting documentation i.e. resume, transcripts, licenses, and certifications so please be sure to attach all applicable documents.
If a degree or college coursework is required, you must provide official transcripts.
Transcripts/Licenses/Certifications MUST be uploaded electronically to your online application through the "Documents" page on the Civil Service Employment Application (page 4). Be sure to select the appropriate document type before uploading the document.
If your educational institution provides electronic transcripts, please have them sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your educational institution doesn’t provide electronic transcripts, they must mail the transcripts to:
University of Illinois at Chicago
If an application and all applicable forms, transcripts, and supporting documents are not submitted by the close date, the applicant/employee will not be considered for this position and will be denied.
For fullest consideration, the above mentioned requirements must be submitted no later than Wednesday, December 23, 2020.
We appreciate your interest in employment at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position requires Illinois residency within 180 days of the hire date.
CLICK HERE TO POST A JOB