The Illinois Latino Council on Higher Education (ILACHE) is pleased to offer five (5) $1,000 scholarships to Latino/a/x students in Illinois who exhibit outstanding commitment to learning, community service, and leadership. This scholarship is open to graduating seniors and undergraduate college students.The application and all supporting documents must be submitted to ILACHE by Monday, April 11, 2022 by 11:59pm Central Time. Click here to apply!
An official recognition of the winners will take place at the annual ILACHE Conference. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Please review the eligibility criteria before you complete this application form.
• Must be an Illinois resident future or continuing Latino/a/x undergraduate student who has a current cumulative GPA of at least a 3.00 from a regionally accredited Illinois college/university or high school GPA of at least a 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) or a 4.00 (on a 5.0 scale).
• Graduating high school seniors (must be registered as a full-time student at an Illinois college or university in the Fall 2022 semester before the scholarship funds are disbursed).
• Undergraduate students must be enrolled full-time during the Fall 2022 semester.
• Must be of Latinx descent. Undocumented students, including DACA recipients, U.S. citizens (U.S. born or naturalized) and permanent legal residents are welcome to apply.
• Students must demonstrate leadership potential, which could be seen in involvement in your community through service, or leadership positions in school clubs or extracurricular activities.
• All majors are eligible
• The scholarship is non-renewable
The Dr. Berta Arias Writing Scholarship provides a (1) one $1,000 scholarship to an undergraduate student who demonstrates a focus and passion for writing. The Dr. Berta Arias Writing Scholarship was created by Dr. Berta Isabel Arias ILACHE’s first Board President and a former college professor. As a Latina, Dr. Arias understands the many barriers faced in attaining academic success. An official recognition of the winners will take place at the annual ILACHE Conference.
The application and all supporting documents must be submitted to ILACHE by Monday, April 11, 2022 by 11:59pm Central Time. Click here to apply!
Please review the eligibility criteria before you complete this form.
Must be as an undergraduate student and be enrolled full-time (12+ credits) during the Fall 2021semester.